Warranty terms and conditions
1. This warranty is only for the benefit of the owner of the Product.
2. The warranty period for the Product is one (1) year from the date of purchase of the Product.
3. This warranty is only applicable if the Product is purchased from an authorised Toshiba dealer on the main island of Singapore or on the island of Sentosa.
4. This warranty shall not be applicable if the Product has been used for Commercial/Industrial purposes.
5. The original purchase receipt must be kept and presented for verification when required.
6. This warranty is invalid if there is any unauthorized repair, tampering, alteration, modification, misuse or damage to the Product.
7. This warranty is invalid if the serial number appearing on the Product has been altered, defaced or removed.
8. Toshiba’s obligations and liability under or in relation to this warranty (including Toshiba’s services under it) shall be limited to the cost of replacing the Product with the same or an equivalent product or of repairing the Product, whichever is lower.
9. Except as stated herein, Toshiba grants no other warranties, whether express or implied by law.
10. Toshiba shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary, consequential or economic damage or loss (including loss of profits, use, data, anticipated savings, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from or related to the warranty (including Toshiba’s services under it).
11. This warranty is not applicable to any defects or damages arising from or related to any acts of God, accident, negligence, computer virus attack, improper or inappropriate handling/operation.
12. Usage and connection of the Product to voltage mains must be in accordance with the instructions in the operation manual.
13. Toshiba shall provide on-site warranty service under this warranty for only the following products:- LCD TV/LEDTV above 32 inches, refrigerator and washing machine. Toshiba’s on-site warranty service is limited to the main island of Singapore and the island of Sentosa. The products covered by the on-site warranty service are subject to change from time to time and will be published on Toshiba’s website.
14. This warranty does not impose any obligation on Toshiba, in relation to on-site repair, to install, dismantle or otherwise work on the Product if the Product is not on ground level (e.g. if the Product is mounted high on the wall). In such a situation, if Toshiba proceeds to carry out repairs, the cost of providing access to the Product by whatever means necessary for the purpose of carrying out the repairs shall be borne by the owner.
15. Transport charge as may be reasonably determined by Toshiba will be imposed if it is found that a service call is frivolous or the Product cannot be repaired on site and requires to be moved to Toshiba Service Centre.
16. Where Toshiba does not provide on-site warranty service, the Product shall be taken by the owner to Toshiba Service Centre, details of which can be found on Toshiba’s website.
17. This warranty does not:
(a) extend to the finish or exterior of the Product or to any consumables (including but not limited to batteries, tapes and discs) and accessories (including but not limited to remote control unit and head/earphone) supplied with the Product or ordinary wear and tear.
(b) cover "Bright Pixel" or "Dead Pixel" appearing on any LCD Panel. The LCD display panel is manufactured using an extremely high level of precision technology. However, sometimes some pixels of the screen may be missing picture elements or have luminous spots. This is not a defect.
(c) extend to any defect or other issues arising from or relating to improper installation, set-up adjustments, weak or unclear signal reception, tuning of channels or stations, or lack of maintenance or proper care of the Product. If Toshiba at its sole discretion decides to provide repair services, in such circumstances, the owner shall pay for the service and transportation fees at rates determined by Toshiba from time to time.
18. This warranty is given by Toshiba. Any obligations under this warranty are the responsibility of Toshiba alone. Toshiba Corporation and other companies in the Toshiba group shall have no obligations or liabilities whatsoever.
19. Toshiba assumes no responsibility or liability for its authorised agents or distributors.
20. Toshiba shall be entitled to use the owner’s personal data for the purpose of keeping the owner informed of the latest TOSHIBA products and for gathering the owner’s feedback regarding products and services.
21. Toshiba reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this warranty by publication of the changes on Toshiba’s website.
22. Toshiba’s decision on any questions related to defects, workmanship or materials in relation to the Product or on any other matter arising under this warranty shall be final and conclusive.
Additional terms for the following products:
LCD & LED TV
Washing Machine for clothes
· LCD & LED TV are subject to a 1 year standard + 1 year extension warranty for the Panel & 1 year standard + 2 years extension warranty on service & parts.
· Applicable to 32” LCD TV onwards only.
· Refrigerator is subject to a 1 year standard + 1 year extension warranty on service & parts. Compressors are subject to a 10 years warranty.
· Applicable to all 2 Doors refrigerator only.
· Washing Machine is subject to a 1 year standard + 1 year extension warranty on service & parts. Motors are subject to a 10 years warranty.
· Applicable to all fully automatic washing machines only.